Saturday, January 29, 2005

Writer's Digest Ad

April's ad for Writer's Digest is already due. They're that far out. This is a month Outskirts Press is running a full page ad. I've put it below, although I had to degrade it quite a bit so it didn't take forever to load.

We're also dealing with book review issues -- we use experts from CIPA for our reviews and they're indicating they can't keep up with the workload. We'll have to do something -- it was one of our promotions at the end of last year and those books are just starting to finish up. Plus, they have to review MY book. The review copies of Publishing Gems will be delivered early next week -- I probably didn't get enough, because in addition to the ones I need to send to all the usual suspects, I also want to try to get Colleen Cannon from Writer's Digest to provide a blurb (and possibly an intro. I may ask her), and Patricia at SPAWN, although I have communicated with her yet. Things to do this week...

Perhaps I'll hear from Dan, too -- I asked him for a testimonial on Friday and he seemed receptive to the idea. Plus, a writer at CIPA, who will be moderating a panel at this year's DIY Convention in LA received the pre-galley ebook file of Publishing Gems and asked if she could mention some of the Insider Tips to her audience. Of course.