Monday, February 07, 2005

Too much to mention

To busy to update this thing, lately. As I said before -- the more often a blog is updated, the more boring it tends to be. It's kind of like the boring parts of a vacation. That's when you tend to get the most pictures. How many pictures of grassy hill tops do you seen from a moving car? Billions? That's because the person with the camera is bored.

But beyond lack of boredom comes my commitment to continue to update this and other blogs. Work continues to progress on the Publishing Gems and Publishing Guide. I got the review copies sent out for Publishing Gems, so hopefully we'll be able to secure some reviews or editorials in the trade when it's published in April. I'm going to have advance copies ready at the CIPA College in March. I need to get a Kinko's banner created. I don't know if I'll have time to do that.

Interior layout of Publishing Gems is nearly complete. We'll have the size of the book finalized and then can finalize the cover. We have a great quote to put on the front -- a testimonial blurb from Dan Poynter. He was very gracious to provide it. I'm considering asking him if he's inclined to write the forward. I'll be catching him with him at a CIPA meeting soon, but probably after the book is published. When we have the final cover, I'll post it here.

Adventures in Publishing, also referred to as our publishing guide, is nearly complete. I had to basically rewrite it when we changed the site. The cover concept is complete too -- it closely resembles our current Writer's Digest ads.

Hiring continues with our Author Reps. We have 3 new ones and two more possibilities. They're not taking on as many authors as I would like. We have over 60 active authors currently and more coming every day. We need more reps. It's a great gig. They work from home. What more could you want?