Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A Day Before CIPA

The CIPA College starts tomorrow with the Newbie College, which I will not be attending but our COO will. All the pieces are in place, our displays, our brochures, our banners, our cards. I should be picking up 100 copies of Publishing Gems today. And by should be, I mean they should be there.

I had an epiphany about Listmania on Amazon.com. We'll see if my understanding about computer algorithms pays off as I watch some exposure for Publishing Gems soar. Too bad the cover art isn't up. That's the problem with revising it after publication -- it messes up the Ingram Feed, and then they (Amazon) seem to take forever to reupload the images, even when we submit them directly via FTP. Affects BN, too, although they're usually faster.

Adventures in Publishing is receiving it's final layout after I completed the edits yesterday. We'll do the indexing today and tomorrow. I might not have this free version available before the college, which was my deadline, but I have the webpage up and I'm collecting email addresses of people who are interested so we can send them the free ebook when it's done. My new goal is by the end of March. The ebook will be followed by the publication of the paperback, first weeks in April. No fooling.