Friday, September 30, 2005

Aidan's Birthday

This post is a little late, since my son actually turned 1 on 9/15/05, but better late than never.

Speaking of which, I'm sneaking this in on the last day of September. When I first started this blog, I had high aspirations to post 1-2 messages a day. Now, I'm happy posting 1 message a month, so the "monthly index" at least LOOKS like I'm doing it consistently.

I'm not sold on this whole "blog thing." -- Busy people don't have time to do stuff like that, and those in the "blogosphere" are too busy writing their own blogs to read other people's -- but now that Google is introducing a search engine just for blogs (and I keep hearing that blogs are all the buzz), I'll keep up with it as I find time.

We've released the paperback version of Self-Publishing Simplified. It's $5.95 at Amazon and Barnes & Noble (who says on-demand books have to be expensive?), and it features a $20 instant mail-in rebate in the back pages. Is $5.95 worth $20? It is if you want to simplify the self-publishing process.

Check out http://outskirtspress.com/publishing for more.